Thursday, November 13, 2014

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME

You guys. It's happening. I'm going to PerĂº. For an extended period of time.

Pause for emphasis and joy yells. !!!!!!!!!!!.

I stepped outside my car last night, looked up at the clear night sky, and realized I'll be looking at a very different set of stars come Saturday, aka TODAY.

This is all quite the jump from that post seven months ago where the idea of moving to Peru was all talk and daydreams. The last year has been an insane journey - with God's awesome plans unfolding in a way I couldn't have planned or imagined. Since  March, I've applied and was accepted to be a missionary in Peru for one year (that comes later), quit my job, spent half of August and September traveling, got a sweet interim contract job between when my last job ended and what's happening now - the opportunity to go to Peru the third time this year and for two months. 

So many curveballs, and I'm loving it! This one came about when my friend Scott asked me in July if I wanted to come help run his cafe in Peru for two months at the end of the year. I just wrote back, "yup," and let the details fall where they would. 

And fall they did. Here I am, possibly the only gringa on this connecting flight to San Salvador on my way to Peru, feeling somewhat totally unprepared (because I packed last night and didn't really mentally process any of this until this morning) and somehow at peace that this is going to be total awesome sauce (and that I'll become a baller barista extraordinaire). The sneaky little worry wart in me is praying everything was packed that I needed. Praying for safety and an amazing time. Praying nothing terrible happens (I have a wild imagination). The adventurer in me is crying, "HALLEFREAKINGLLUJAH!!!" And the processor in me can't believe how amazing this year has been, and how much of a parallel it is that I'm leaving for Peru exactly one year after life took a hugely difficult turn.

Thanks be to God! Thanks be to you guys, too- I'm so grateful for such amazing friends and family.

If you'd like to pray for me, I'd love prayer for safety while traveling and living there, great community, relationships, and healing while I'm there, for my mind - that I lean into God's word, block out the devil, and TRUST God, for protection from the enemy, that nothing gets stolen, and that this time is just awesome - especially since it'll be my first Christmas away from home.

I love you guys. ¡Nos vemos!




No comments:

Post a Comment